RECON ULTRA Smoke Odor Sealer is a premium solvent free smoke odor sealant and stain blocker designed to eliminate malodors on multiple surfaces and block tough staining. Ideal for structural, finished and decorative surfaces, RECON ULTRA Smoke Odor Sealer with OdorLock Plus provides one-coat odor control on most surfaces and continues to block odors even with seasonal changes in temperature and humidity.
ULTRA RECON Smoke Odor Sealer continues delivering outstanding odor control even with changes in temperature and humidity. It contains specialized malodor neutralization technology that continues to block odors, even with seasonal changes.
Blocks All Types of Odors. ULTRA RECON Smoke Odor Sealer is designed for use as the final step to encapsulate residual odors typically found on fire damage restoration projects. However, it also blocks pet odors (e.g., urine and feces) and trauma scene odors (e.g., bodily fluids, decaying organic matter).
- Finish grade, solvent free. Water based and does not contain flammable solvents.
- Blocks tough stains
- Moisture permeable
- Works on multiple surfaces. Ideal for structural, finished, and decorative surfaces. It can be used on wallboard, sheetrock, wood, masonry, concrete, and more.
- Eliminates malodors on multiple surfaces. Prevents smoke odors and stains from migrating through the coating.
- Blocks pet and trauma scene odors
- Easily accepts topcoat
- Coverage: Smooth Surfaces - 200 to 400 ft2/gallon. Porous Surfaces - 100 to 200 ft2/gal
- Colour: Clear
- Shelf Life: 24 Months Min. (Original Sealed Container)
- Drying Times (@ 70 - 77°F , 50% R.H.): To Touch - 30 mins. To Recoat - 2 hours. Top Coat - 2 hours.
- Flash Point: Non-combustible
- Calculated VOC: 49 grams/liter
- Viscosity at 70°F: 94 Kreb Units
- Package Size: 5 Gallon Pail
- Ready to use: Yes
- Product Number: FLK3093-5 / 3093-5
Surface Preparation: Prior to applying Fiberlock’s ULTRA RECON Smoke and Odor Sealer it is critical that the substrate be thoroughly cleaned. Smoke odor encapsulation is a final step that needs to be part of a comprehensive smoke/odor management protocol. This protocol should include the following steps: odor cleaning, odor neutralization and odor encapsulation. Fiberlock recommends cleaning with RECON Heavy Duty Cleaner or Extreme Duty Cleaner, followed by the application of RECON Extreme Duty Odor Counteractant. After the substrate is clean, dry and sound, apply ULTRA RECON Smoke Odor Sealer to encapsulate any residual odors that remain.
Application Tools: Apply ULTRA RECON Smoke Odor Sealer with a brush, roller or airless spray equipment.
- Brush: Synthetic, nylon or polyester bristle
- Roller: 3/8” nap synthetic fiber
- Spray Settings: Pressure: 2000-3000 P.S.I. Tips: .015 to .021 tips
Apply ULTRA RECON Smoke Odor Sealer generously and uniformly by brush, airless spray or roller. Apply one coat of ULTRA RECON Smoke Odor Sealer and ensure that the finished surface is properly sealed. Two-coats may be required on some porous or heavily stained surfaces. Topcoat floor applications when foot traffic or heavy storage is expected. ULTRA RECON Smoke Odor Sealer is tintable up to 2 oz. of universal liquid colorant per gallon. Can be directly applied to wallboard, sheetrock, wood, masonry and concrete. Ferrous metals may require a DTM primer to prevent flash rusting.
Cleanup: Clean tools and drippings with warm soapy water before ULTRA RECON Smoke Odor Sealer dries. Dispose of waste according to all existing local, state and federal regulations.
Precautions: Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F. (32°C). Stir thoroughly.
Do not mix with any other coatings, additives, solvents or colors in oil. Do not apply when air or surface temperature is below 45°F, or when drying conditions are poor or when surfaces are above a 15% moisture level content. In areas with high humidity, apply when surface temperature is 45°F or higher. Use adequate ventilation during application. When applying with a sprayer, wear a NIOSH approved respirator with any R, P, N or HE filter.
No posts found