Surface Shields Carpet Shield Temporary Carpet Protection. Carpet Protection film that keeps floors clean and damage free while building, remodeling or painting. This self-adhering film does not shift and is highly resistant to tears.
Carpet Shield is the best temporary carpet protection you can buy. It is a clear, self-adhering protective film for carpeting. Carpet Shield's non-slip surface is a special blend of polyethylene which is highly resistant to tears or punctures. Ideal during remodeling, painting and moving, it minimizes clean-up time and damage claims. Available in a variety of sizes, the larger rolls are reverse-wound for faster application.
For a narrower option, see CS24200 Carpet Shield 24" x 200ft.* Not intended for hardwood or other floors surfaces. Carpet Shield is designed exclusively for carpet. For hardwood floor or other types of surfaces, see Sycorp Padded Floor and Surface Protector and FS24200 Multi Surface Shield.
- Tough self-adhering protective film
- Minimizes cleanup and damage
- Reverse wound for easy application
- Non-slip surface won't shift, even on stairs
- Temporary protection for up to 30 days
- Recommended for synthetic carpets only
- Colour: Clear
- Width: 36" (91 cm)
- Length: 200 ft (61 m)
- Area Coverage: 600 sq ft
- Thickness: 2.5 mil nominal
- Film: Low Density Polyethylene
- Adhesive Type: Formulated Acrylic
- Adhesion Level: 17-25 oz/in
- Tensile Strength: 3000 psi
- Temperature (Ideal): 70° F
- Humidity (Ideal): 50%
- Elongation MD: 350% - 500%
- Chemical Name: Acrylic PSA Tapes
- Chemical Family: Acrylic PSA Polyethylene Film
- Chemical Formula: Proprietary
- Recyclable: Yes
- Reusable: No
- Breathable: No
- Liquid Resistant: Yes
- Flame Retardant: No
- Product Number: CS36200
Peel back edge of Carpet Shield and begin to unroll. Press down edge at beginning of area to be covered so Carpet Shield adheres. Continue rolling onto carpet, applying pressure and smoothing down the film while doing so. Carefully cut end with a sharp edge. When finished, fold edge of the film back against the roll to use at a later time. Removal: roll up Carpet Shield and discard.
Handling and storage
Always test Carpet Shield on a small portion of carpet that is in a non-exposed area. 72 hour test required for use over adhesive installations. Recommended for synthetic carpeting only. Apply only to dry carpet, do not use under damp conditions.
This product provides carpet protection for up to 30 days. Exceeding this time period for all carpet protection films can result in an adhesive transfer or residue.
No posts found