Fiberlock Piranha 4 is a solvent-based gel formulated to remove multiple layers of paint. Piranha 4 starts removing most paints and stubborn coatings in less than one hour, without the use of chlorinated solvents, caustics or methylene chloride. The gel formulation yields maximum coverage per gallon and has excellent resistance to sagging, enabling it to cling to vertical and overhead surfaces. Piranha 4 has a very slow rate of evaporation keeping it active for hours. Piranha 4 is a unique solvent formulation ideally suited for paint removal from historically significant architectural components since it does not discolor or raise wood grain or require neutralization. Piranha 4 can be used on virtually any substrate to remove oil-based paints, latex paints, elastomeric paints, cementitious asbestos paints, epoxies and urethanes.
- Does not contain chlorinated solvents, caustics or methylene chloride
- Low evaporation rate extends active performance
- Excellent resistance to sagging
- Extraordinary coverage reduces material cost
- For Use On All Types of Wood, Metal and Masonry. Ideal for Historical Structures
- Coverage: Smooth Surfaces 125 sq. ft. (11.6 sq. m) per gallon, Porous Surfaces 50 - 100 sq. ft. (4.6 - 9 sq. m) per gallon
- Colour: Blue
- Odour: Mild Solvent Odour
- Shelf Life: 36 Months Min. (Original Sealed Container)
- Activation Time: 30 minutes
- Minimum Activation Temp: 40°F (4°C)
- pH: 7 to 8
- Flash Point: > 212°F (100°C)
- Package Size: 5 Gallon Pail
- Ready to use: Yes
- Product Number: FLK5740-5 / 5740-5
Surface Preparation: Protect all surfaces not being stripped with polyethylene sheeting. For interior use, open windows and doors or use other means to assure a constant supply of fresh moving air during use. Ideal working temperature is between 65-85°F; not recommended when substrate temperature is below 60°F. Avoid direct sunlight.
Application Tools: Apply Piranha 4 with brush, roller or airless spray equipment.
- Brush: Synthetic, nylon or polyester bristle
- Roller: Synthetic fiber 3/8” nap or longer Spray: .019 to .021 tip
For best results, perform a test patch to determine the appropriate dwell time required to remove the existing paint system. The length of time required to remove a paint system is dependent on the application temperature, and the thickness and type of paint being stripped. If Piranha 4 is to be left for an extended period of time, cover with polyethylene sheeting. Piranha 4 can be applied using a brush, roller or airless sprayer. Be certain that all uneven or irregular surfaces receive adequate coverage. When Piranha 4 has penetrated to the substrate, scrape the softened paint residue. Clean substrate with mild detergent solution. All Piranha 4 residues should be fully removed prior to repainting.
Cleanup: Clean tools and drippings with warm soapy water. Collect all waste in a plastic bag or drum. Properly dispose of waste and wastewater in accordance with all local, provincial and federal regulations. Keep container closed when not in use. If practical, filter wastewater in accordance with a federally or locally accepted method to minimize the amount of waste which must be disposed of as hazardous.
No posts found