Sentinel 538 Primer/Sealer Odor Encapsulant is an innovative water based coating used to seal and lockdown odors commonly found on restoration projects. Sentinel 538 is a multi-surface interior/exterior grade coating with great adhesion qualities and a low odor formula that contains no volatile organic compounds (VOC's). Available in white or clear formulas Sentinel 538 serves as a base coat, primer/sealer offering excellent stain blocking qualities. With low permeability characteristics a single coat is highly effective on most projects. Sentinel 538 is best applied with an airless sprayer and easily cleans up with soap and warm water.
Coverage rates range from 200 - 400 square feet per gallon, depending on the porosity of the surface being sealed.
Before using Sentinel 538 Sealer/ Primer Odor Encapsulant to rid the space of unwanted odors, first clean dirt, grease, grime, smoke, and soot from floors, walls, ceilings, and other surfaces.
Preparation: Surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of loose debris. For best results, the application area should be at least 60ºF with humidity levels below 70%. Shake or stir 538 thoroughly before using to ensure proper coverage. Coverage rates range from 200 - 400 square feet per gallon, depending on the porosity of the surface being sealed.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: (FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY.)
- Apply Sentinel 538 using a brush, medium nap roller, or sprayer. Apply a thin uniform coat.
- When spraying 538, mix contents thoroughly and use a 0.020 tip.
- Allow 538 to dry thoroughly (a minimum of 120 minutes).
- If necessary, a second coat can be applied after the first coat is completely dry.
- If spraying 538 in HVAC ducts or systems, allow to dry for 2 hours before recirculating fresh air.
- Fresh air should be carefully inspected for odors before ventilating into occupied spaces.
- The use of a NIOSH-approved respirator is recommended when exposed to spray mists or in areas of poor ventilation.
No posts found