OxyBuff is a pH neutralized, powdered oxygen bleach product formulated with a blend of surfactants, which maximize foam. This formula is ideal for cleaning cotton fringes on Oriental rugs and investment textile rugs, as well as cotton upholstery fabric.
- Easy to mix as formula consolidated from 3 products (Boost All, Buff All, & Fabric Shampoo) into 1 product.
- Low moisture as concentrated foam can be easily applied to cotton upholstery and fringes.
- Versatile to clean problematic fringes as well as light colored cotton upholstery fabric.
- Activated oxygen helps brighten colors and restore the natural white of cotton.
- Coverage: Dependent on application
- Form: Crystalline powder
- Colour: White
- Odour: Odourless
- RTU pH: 7
- Package size: 8 lb Jar (3.64 kg)
- Ready to use: No
- Dilution: 3 to 4 oz to gal of water
- Dilution ratio: 1:32 to 1:42
- Product number: CU62A / 122823 / 1683-2228
- OxyBuff Cotton Shampoo is not recommended for use on wool. Read entire label before using. Use only as directed.
- Carefully pre-inspect the rug, or fabric before proceeding. Identify fiber content, construction, dye stability, shrinkage considerations, and pre-existing damage. Always test every rug for dye bleeding potential. Carefully look for conditions which could contribute to cleaning related challenges such as pre-existing pet urine, water damage, fiber deterioration, past cleaning residues, and fringe discoloration.
- If cleaning on-location, proper preparation of the work area must include:
- Make sure there is adequate airflow for drying and ventilation.
- Establish an adequate and safe work area, where you can safely move the required cleaning equipment and tools, around the rugs or furniture. Make sure that the items can be safely cleaned without causing damage to other surfaces in proximity to the items being cleaned.
- Always keep white, cotton, colorfast towels handy to wipe up any cleaning solution overspray, which may get on other surfaces
For use on Cotton Fringes on Rugs:
Mix 3 to 4 ounces (enclosed scoop is 2 ounces) Oxybuff Cotton Shampoo into a gallon of hot water in an open bucket. Stir until product is dissolved. Whip solution into a foam and apply solution with horse-hair brush to the fringes. Scrub fringes with synthetic brush after application wherever necessary. Allow product to dwell for 20 minutes then extract with Wool Zone. Often it is ideal to start with fringes prior to cleaning wool rug so fringes and the rug can be extracted at the same time. Repeat as necessary. Dispose of product after use as product strength is only effective for a few hours.
For use on Cotton Upholstery:
Mix 3 to 4 ounces (enclosed scoop is 2 ounces) Oxybuff Cotton Shampoo into a gallon of hot water in an open bucket. Stir until product is dissolved. Whip solution into a foam. Apply the foam to the fabric using a soft brush or natural sponge. Work the foam into the fabric with mild agitation. Allow product to dwell for 20 minutes then extract with neutral or acidic fabric using a Hydro-Kinetic upholstery extraction tool, which minimizes moisture. Dispose of product after use as product strength is only effective for a few hours.
No posts found