Asbestos Abatement Training: High Risk Course
April 18-19, 2018 (Wed - Thu)
Avoid being penalized and shut down by Work Safe BC. Protect your company and your employees.
This course would be appropriate for workers who will be conducting high risk abatement work.
Certification: Asbestos High Risk Training Certificate
Duration: 2 days (1 day lecture, 1 day of hand on practice)
Pre-requisite: Moderate Risk Training Course. Copy of Certificate on Moderate Risk Training is needed.
- History of asbestos
- Asbestos types
- Uses and applications
- Health effects and medical surveillance requirements
- Notice of project – asbestos (NOPA)
- High risk abatement procedure
- Setting up high risk containment
- Negative air unit and HEPA vacuum
- Air monitoring for high risk abatement
- Worker protection equipment (PAPR and disposable coveralls)
- Work area cleaning
- Post abatement final inspection
- Lock down / Glue out procedure
- Waste disposal
1 CMP - Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP)
2 CEC - Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
NOTE: Each participant of this course is required to have a fullface respirator.
$599 CAD per person
188-21300 Gordon Way, Richmond, BC
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Jereld Salazar, B.Sc., CRSP
EMTEC Environmental Consulting Ltd.
Jereld Salazar, a Canadian Registered Safety Professional, (CRSP) has a Bachelor degree in Science and a Certificate in Health, Safety and Environmental Process. With years of experience in the industrial and academic settings, he has an extensive and practical background in asbestos consulting and abatement industry, occupational hygiene, occupational health and safety program, indoor air quality and respirator fit testing.
No posts found