The C-A-T® Tourniquet’s easy One-Handed operation occludes blood flow in 4 quick steps. It is delivered in it’s One-Handed Configuration – the recommended carrying configuration.
NAR• The C-A-T® Tourniquet is the #1 lifesaving medical device on the battlefield and has been issued by the U.S. Military to every soldier deployed since 2005, when Army ISR testing identified it as the most effective and comfortable tourniquet.
• Three years later, the ISR decision was clinically validated by the study published in the 2008 Journal of Trauma which identified that the C-A-T® is 13% more effective in real world situations than other pre-hospital tourniquets.
• Three years after that, an October 2011 study published in Military Medicine offered further validation by ranking the C-A-T® Tourniquet as the best and most effective field tourniquet.
• Utilizing improved tourniquet science, the C-A-T® Tourniquet is manufactured with advanced composite materials which provide enhanced responsiveness and tactile feedback to assist with reducing risk of over tightening when applying.
• The patented technology utilized in the self-adhering band employs a dual sided hook and loop construction that offers a superiorly aggressive connection for adhesion.
• Utilizing Rescue Human Factors Engineering, the red tip assists with threading the buckle when physiological limitations induced by combat and survival stressors are present.
• The October 2011 Military Medicine study identified the C-A-T® as the safest field tourniquet due to the patented internal band construction which requires less circumferential pressure to achieve 100% occlusion of blood flow than other field tourniquets. This reduces the risk of soft tissue and nerve damage.
No posts found