The PR500 Series is the re-designed Sperian legacy face-mounted PAPR, which is NIOSH approved for use with the North® RU6500 tight fitting full facepiece.
The Honeywell PR500 Series Face-Mounted Powered AirPurifying Respirator (PAPR) uses a blower unit to force ambient air through a single High Efficiency Particulate Air-Purifying (HEPA) filter to remove contaminants and provide clean air to the user. Using the nozzle adapter that is included with the Honeywell PR500 Series, the PAPR blower assembly mounts directly to the center port of the RU6500.
This respirator is ideally suited for applications where nonpowered air-purifying respirators are not practical or a higher protection factor is required, yet where the atmospheres are not immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).
The PR500 Series Face-Mounted PAPR is recommended for respiratory protection against dusts, fumes and mists, particulate radionuclides, radon progeny attached to dusts, fumes and mists.
When components listed on the NIOSH Approval Label are used, these respirators are approved as part of a Powered Air-Purifying Respirator.
Assigned Protection Factors
The PR500 Series PAPR is for protection from particulates where (i) the concentration does not exceed the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) as determined by the Assigned Protection Factor (APF) of the facepiece used with the PAPR, (ii) the concentration is below the contaminant’s Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health (IDLH) level, and (iii) there is sufficient oxygen in the work environment according to the OSHA Regulation 29 CFR Section 1910.134 or CSA Standard Z94.4 requirements.
The APF for the PR500 Face-Mounted PAPR is 1,000.
- Front mount capability provides an alternate option for users who may prefer the comfort of not having the PAPR blower on their belt
- Allows users the flexibility of converting from APR to PAPR in three different mask sizes
- Ideal for users who need only High Efficiency Particulate (HEPA) protection
- Lightweight unit will not slow worker efficiency
- Water-resistant battery pack is contoured for better fit
- Assembly includes: RU6500 Facepiece with 5-point headstrap, battery, blower, battery charge
- Municipal Services
Historical Brand: Sperian Survivair Opti-Fit
No posts found