Fiberlock Fiberset PM is a pre-mixed “lockdown” sealing treatment for microscopic residual fibers present after the removal of Asbestos Containing Material (ACM). Available in white, blue or clear, Fiberset PM is a ready-to-use, Class A fire rated coating that provides a flexible barrier over residual fibers to ensure final air clearance. Fiberset PM is UL® classified for use as a primer for fireproofing replacement materials under the “Encapsulant Materials” section of the UL directory, and is compatible with leading brands of flooring adhesives. Fiberset PM is a water based coating that employs advanced 100% acrylic resin technology to extend the life expectancy of airless spray equipment.
- UL classified
- Class A fire rated
- Available in white, blue or clear
- Ideal for use as a pull-down
- Compatible with many flooring adhesives
- Coverage: Smooth Surfaces no less than 500 sq. ft. (46 sq. m) per gallon, Porous Surfaces 350 - 500 sq. ft. (32 - 46 sq. m) per gallon
- Shelf Life: 36 Months Min. (Original Sealed Container)
- Drying Times (@ 70 - 77°F , 50% R.H.): To Touch - 1 to 2 hours, To Recoat - 1 to 2 hours
- Minimum Application Temp: 50°F (10°C)
- Flash Point: Non-combustible
- Calculated VOC: 17-70 grams/liter
- Viscosity at 70°F: 50-60 Kreb Units
- Package Size: 5 Gallon Pail
- Ready to use: Yes
- Product Number: FLK7475 / 7475-5
Stir Fiberset PM thoroughly to achieve a uniform consistency. Fiberset PM is pre- mixed; water-addition is not necessary. Minimum application temperature is 45°F.
Lockdown: Sealing microscopic residual fibers after asbestos removal is mandatory on every project. Prior to post-removal air monitoring, apply one coat to all exposed surfaces. Fiberset PM has been accepted as part of a UL Classified Fireproofing System for use with Retro-Guard® manufactured by W.R. Grace & Co., Conn. Coverage should not be less than 500 sq. ft. per gallon on smooth surfaces.
Pull down by misting: Misting the contaminated air is an effective technique prior to post-removal air monitoring. To pull down free-floating asbestos fibers effectively, stand in the center of the room and hold the spray gun as close to the ceiling as possible. A mist should be sprayed parallel to the ceiling in every direction or in a circle. Apply one coat to the polyethylene sheeting on the walls and floor prior to dismantling containment.
Application Tools: Apply Fiberset PM with airless spray equipment. Use the settings below when applying Fiberset PM:
- Pressure: 1700-3000 P.S.I.
- Tips: .015-.021
Clean up: Tools and drippings should be cleaned with warm soapy water before coating dries. Follow equipment manufacturer’s directions to clean spray equipment. Dispose of all waste according to current Local, Provincial and Federal regulations.
No posts found