Unsmoke Unsoot #1 Encapsulant. Long-lasting sealing soot barrier. Helps prevent the release of particulates to improve indoor air quality and occupant comfort after restoration. Use on structural wood, duct work and ceiling plenums after fires, smoke damage or oil furnace puff-backs.
Unsoot #1 is a low solids, low solvent product that forms a protective coating; this coating encapsulates soot and other contaminants. The film has no gloss, is almost colorless and, therefore, does not affect the appearance of the surface.
Unsoot #1 can also be combined with odor control agents to provide additional odor control capability
- Protection begins once application is completely dry.
- Forms a protective coating that encapsulates soot and other contaminants.
- The film has no gloss, is almost colorless and does not affect the appearance of the surface.
- Can be combined with odor control agents to provide additional odor control capability.
- Coverage: Covers 500–750 sq ft per gallon (50–75 sq m / 4 L of RTU) when applied with commercial airless paint sprayer or electric sprayer.
- Form: Liquid
- Colour: Milky white
- Odour: Mild
- pH: 4.9
- RTU pH: 7.5
- Flash point: 217° F (103° C)
- Speficic gravity: 1.050
- Package size: 3.8 L Gallons, 4 gal/case
- Ready to use: No
- Dilution: 26 oz per gallon (200 mL / L) for RTU solution
- Product Number: 114807 / 433502000
RTU solution preparation: Unsoot #1 may be diluted up to 26 ounces per gallon (200 mL / L). One convenient method is to add the contents of a one gallon bottle into a 5 gallon pail and fill to the 5 gallon level with water. Stir well.
Application method: Unsoot #1 is more viscous than water so apply with airless paint sprayer or electric sprayer (50–100 psi / 340–680 kPa). Apply at 500 square feet per gallon of RTU (50 square meters / 4 L of RTU). Unsoot #1 can also be applied by brushing, paint rolling or wiping.
For best results on smoke damaged structural surfaces, mix and apply the following deodorizing pre-sealer: Combine in an empty 5 gallon container:
- 1 gallon (4 L) Unsoot #1 Encapsulant
- 1 quart (0.9 L) 9-D-9
- Add up to 5 ounces (150 mL) Last Resort
- Fill to 5 gallon mark with water. Covers 500–750 square feet per gallon (50–75 square meters / 4 L of RTU) when applied with commercial airless paint sprayer or electric sprayer.
To prevent cross-contamination of airborne particulate during structural drying & dehumidification operations:
- Thoroughly clean & decontaminate affected surfaces.
- Prepare a ready to use solution of Unsoot #1 by mixing 26 ounces of concentrate with enough water to make one gallon. (200 ml/L). This solution will be viscous
- Apply to structural materials, voids, cracks and crevices.
- Covers 500 square feet per gallon (12 square meters per liter) when applied with an electric sprayer or airless paint sprayer. The ULV fogger is not recommended for this process.
Procedure for use as a protective sealant in hvac ducting:
- Stop all fans, blowers and motors.
- Isolate section of ductwork to be cleaned. Maintain service area under sufficient negative pressure to remove particulate.
- Remove all register vents.
- Remove loose debris with industrial vacuum and/or high pressure air
- Clean interior of ductwork as far as physically possible.
- Prepare a ready to use solution of Unsoot #1 by mixing 26 ounces of concentrate with enough water to make one gallon. (200 ml/L).
- Use a ULV fogger for this process. Adjust fogger to moderate mist. Increase the amount of product used on insulated ducts by as much as 50% to 250 square feet per gallon (24 square meters per liter).
- Begin application at furthest entry point and work towards blower. Seal first entry point with cheese cloth. Seal all other entry points with plastic film.
- Activate blower to dry and set application.
- Remove plastic film and cheese cloth. Replace registers.
Note: No additives should beused when applying Unsoot #1 in HVAC.
No posts found