Fiberlock IAQ 8000 is trusted for use in duct work, to bridge and reinforce duct liner or duct board insulation materials, and to seal unlined duct work prior to component removal, preventing fiberglass and inanimate particulate from becoming airborne. IAQ 8000 forms a durable, flexible, moisture-resistant protective coating with a semi-gloss finish that minimizes dust buildup on the coating surface. The high viscosity provides maximum bridging ability on insulation materials and reduces sagging and dripping when applied to the vertical and top surfaces of unlined duct.
- High viscosity for maximum bridging ability
- Reduces sagging and dripping
- Meets NFPA 90A/90B
- Resurfaces and encapsulates fiberglass lined duct work
- Resists mold growth*
*Resistant to mold growth on the dry coating surface only
- Coverage: Smooth Surfaces 100 - 200 sq. ft. (9 - 18 sq. m) per gallon, Porous Surfaces - Depends on porousity
- Colour: White
- Shelf Life: 36 Months Min. (Original Sealed Container)
- Drying Times (@ 70 - 77°F , 50% R.H.): To Touch - 1 to 2 hours, To Recoat - 8 to 16 hours
- Minimum Application Temp: 50°F (10°C)
- Flash Point: Non-combustible
- Calculated VOC: 90 grams/liter
- Viscosity at 70°F: 105 - 110 Kreb Units
- Package Size: 5 Gallon Pail
- Ready to use: Yes
- Product Number: FLK8380 / 8380-5
Prior to application, mix thoroughly to achieve a uniform consistency. Apply IAQ 8000 to all surfaces by brush or airless spray. Application rate will vary depending on porosity of the insulation. Apply one coat by airless spray, or two coats by brush. Porous surfaces may require additional coats. Ensure that surfaces are completely sealed. Circulate fresh air through the HVAC system to help dry the coating. Exhaust air outside the building. IAQ 8000 can be applied using HVAC robotic spray applicators (contact Fiberlock for more information.)
Application Tools: Apply IAQ 6000 with brush, roller or airless spray equipment.
- Brush: Synthetic, nylon or polyester bristle.
- Roller: Synthetic fiber 3/8” nap or longer Spray Settings
- Pressure: 2500-3000 P.S.I.
- Tips: .019 to .021 tips
Cleanup: Clean tools and drippings with warm soapy water before IAQ 8000 dries. Dispose of all waste according to all existing local, state, and federal regulations.
No posts found