Fiberlock LeadSafe Lead Dust Cleaner is a concentrated product designed specifically to assist in the cleanup of lead dust after lead abatement projects, construction, renovation or any other activity which disturbs lead and creates dust. This product has been formulated to remove more lead dust than ordinary cleaning products. LeadSafe Cleaner utilizes chelating agents similar to those given to individuals with lead poisoning. These chelating agents bind to the lead dust and help hold it in suspension so that it can be easily rinsed away.
- Formulated to control and remove lead dust
- Contains active chelating agents
- Faster cleanup and compliance
- Active Ingredient: Proprietary chelating agents
- Color: Light Green
- Odour: Slight Odour
- Shelf Life: 32 Months Min. (Original Sealed Container)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.0
- Flash Point: Non-combustible
- Package Size: 1 Gallon
- Ready to use: No
- Product Number: FLK5496-1 / 5496-1-C4
When applying the cleaning solution start in a far corner working towards the exit of the room to avoid re-contamination of the cleaned areas. Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves and eye protection during any lead abatement or cleanup activity. See warnings below for additional precautions.
Three Bucket Cleaning System: By following this system you will minimize the risks of reintroducing lead back into the cleaned environment.
- Bucket 1 – Contains uncontaminated LeadSafe cleaner solution.
- Bucket 2 – This bucket is empty and will be used to hold all dirty water.
- Bucket 3 – Contains clean water for rinsing.
1. Using a mop, rag or sponge dip into bucket #1 and begin cleaning surfaces until clean.
2. Ring out mop, rag or sponge into bucket #2 and return to bucket #1 for more cleaning solution.
3. Use clean water from bucket #3 to rinse surfaces.
4. Replace cleaning solution and rinse water when dirty.
For tough to clean surfaces including porous surfaces use warm water when mixing the solution and allow the product to sit for 10 minutes prior to cleaning.