Hydro-Force Hardwood Preservation Satin Finish. Hardwood Preservation Finish (Gloss or Satin) is designed to be used as a preservation finish over an existing urethane finish over a hardwood floor. It is a low solid blend of urethane and acrylic so that it can be easily applied over a urethane finish after a thorough cleaning and a properly prepared base finish. The base finish can be prepared by the extraction or abrasive cleaning method. This preservation finish serves as the wear coat and protects the original finish of the floor. Apply the finish immediately after the extraction cleaning system is finished. A second coat of finish is optional for the extraction cleaning system. Apply the finish about an hour after the abrasion cleaning system is completed. The abrasion cleaning system leaves the hardwood floor damp making it necessary a dry time of about an hour. A second coat of finish is necessary for the abrasion cleaning system.
- Designed to be used as a preservation finish over an existing urethane finish over a hardwood floor
- Low solid blend of urethane and acrylic
- Serves as the wear coat and protects the original finish of the floor
- Coverage: 1,000 sq ft per gal
- Form: Liquid
- Colour: No information
- Odour: None
- pH: 8.5
- Package size: 3.79L (1 US Gal)
- Ready to use: Yes
- Dilution: RTU
- Product number: CW033GL / 107991 / 1691-0972
To apply, use terry cloth covers and a finish applicator. Once a floor has dried naturally for approximately 45 minutes, a second coat of finish is then applied and also allowed to dry naturally. The end result is a clean, refinished and rejuvenated wood floor and a happy customer.
- Vacuum floor thoroughly.
- Mask off transitions from wood to other types of floors.
- Mix one part Heavy Duty Hardwood Cleaner with 4 parts warm water in the cleaning machine. Adding a defoamer like Foamless to the waste tank is recommended for some machines and situations.
- With the solution pumping, the brush rotating and the vacuum turned on, begin moving the machine forward at a moderate speed. Reverse on the same line at the same speed. Then continue into the next area with the same procedure. Remove any standing solution with an absorbent flat mop.
- Mix one part Wood Fresh Hardwood Cleaner with 4 parts warm water in the cleaning machine
- Proceed to clean and neutralize the complete floor in the same manner as explained above.
- The cleaning and preparation steps are important. The dual cleaners both clean and treat the floor to make it more receptive to the Preservation Finish. Apply finish immediately after cleaning approximately 1,000 sq. ft.
Apply Preservation Finish
- Let the customer choose Gloss or Satin finish. Solids may settle to bottom of gallon over time. Shake or stir before and during use.
- The finish may be applied with a dampened flat mop using either a clean cotton terry cloth cover or a microfiber cover. 30 minutes prior to applying the finish the container should be gently rocked to mix the ingredients.
- Start in the furthest area from your exit. Apply a small amount of finish in a 4 or 5 foot area, spreading it uniformly as you work your way back toward the exit door.
- If a second coat is desired, allow one hour before applying.
- Use abrasive cleaning method when applying finish to cabinets and furniture.