Wool medic provides the professional cleaner with a multi-purpose wool rug product. Its acidic formulation helps to limit bleeding while powerful surfactants aid in rinsing out urine deposits.
If the rug you are working with has severe bleeding issues, use Dye-Loc for better protection against dye-bleed. Quick drying will also limit bleeding of dyes.
- Wool Medic is specially formulated to be incredibly effective for the pre-treatment of urine-contaminated oriental rugs without the obnoxious smell of acetic acid.
- It dissolves, neutralizes, and dislodges alkaline salt residues that build up from pet accidents and other urine contamination.
- Use of Wool Medic with sub-surface flushing of a Water Claw or Flash Extractor will remove and neutralize urine contamination prior to the application of any deodorizing treatment.
- A pretreatment used to limit dye bleeding and/or migrating to other fibers during the wet cleaning process.
- Coverage: Dependent on application
- Form: Liquid
- Colour: Clear
- Odour: Light acrid
- RTU pH: 2.5 to 3
- Package size: 1 Gallon (3.79 L)
- Ready to use: No
- Dilution ratio: 1:4
- Product number: CW17GL / CW17 /121884 / 1684-2813
- Read entire label before using. Use only as directed.
- Carefully pre-inspect the rug, fabric, or carpet before proceeding. Identify fiber content, construction, dye stability, shrinkage considerations, and pre-existing damage. Always test every rug for dye bleeding potential. Carefully look for conditions which could contribute to cleaning related challenges such as pre-existing pet urine, water damage, fiber deterioration, past cleaning residues, and fringe discoloration.
- The preferred method for cleaning investment textile rugs is in-plant.
- If cleaning on-location, proper preparation of the work area must include: a) Make sure there is adequate airflow for drying and ventilation. b) Adequate and safe work area where you can safely move the required cleaning equipment and tools around and the rug can be safely cleaned on the floor without causing damage to or from other surfaces which might bleed color when moist or wet. c) Always keep white, cotton, colorfast towels handy to wipe up any cleaning solution overspray which may get on other surfaces
- Prior to wet cleaning, remove as much dry soil as possible from the rug utilizing a vacuum (with a beater bar), portable rug dusting unit, compressed air system, or automated duster. Follow equipment manufacturer directions.
- Pretest before use as in some situations Dye-Loc will be the product of choice. Dilute 1 part Wool Medic with 8 parts water (1:8) in pump up or trigger sprayer. Spray on front side of the rug if extracting and both sides of the rug if soaking. Work solution into the fiber with a soft brush or Brush Pro with wool brushes.
- Use Wool Perfect as your pre-spray and Wool Zone as your rinse for extraction. Wool Perfect is versatile enough to be used as the pre-spray for in plant rug washing.
- For urine contamination pre-treatment and neutralizing, dilute 1 part solution with 4 parts water in pump up or trigger sprayer.
- Saturate contaminated areas by spraying or pouring on mixed solution. Allow to dwell 5 - 15 minutes. Gently agitate or work in with soft brush or Brush Pro with wool brushes.
- Rinse and extract with clear water. For best results, extract with Water Claw or Flash Extractor. Placing a pad or grid under the affected area, which allows for water flow, will improve the result of the flushing. Then apply Hydorcide for Wool.
Urine Soaking Procedure
Some rugs will need major restoration and will need to be soaked in water. Start with constructing a temporary pool or using a permanent one with grids to assist flushing. Pre-test for bleeding in urine damaged areas with Dye-Loc and Wool Medic. Make sure that before starting the procedure that the owner of the rugs has approved the process. In cases where dye stability is of great concern, pre-spray rug with Dye-Loc only. In most situations, start the process by pre-spraying Wool Medic generously over the rug. Add water to the point of rug saturation only. Agitate the rug with a Brush Pro unit, where motor is moisture sealed and only use wool brushes, which accelerates the break down of the lipids and urine salts. Add additional water to dilute the contaminants. Flush the rug using Water Claw or Flash Extractor. If further cleaning is necessary then use Wool Perfect boosted with Hydrocide for Wool. If further deodorization is necessary then apply enough Hydrocide for Wool to neutralize any remaining odor.