The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter 5 (CME5) is a non-destructive analog moisture meter for concrete floors and slabs providing instant and precise quantitative measurement of moisture content using Gravimetric testing as a baseline. The CME5 also provides Carbide Method equivalent readings for concrete and other cementitious substrates as well as comparative readings as per ASTM F2659.
The Concrete Moisture Encounter detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture present in the material. The Concrete Moisture Encounter determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear analog dial.
To carry out tests simply brush any dust from a smooth area of concrete and also from the electrodes, switch on the Concrete Moisture Encounter and place it firmly onto the surface, fully compressing the spring-loaded, signal-enhancing contacts on the base. Read the moisture content from the clear analogue dial. The Concrete Moisture Encounter is calibrated to give percentage moisture content readings on clean, bare dust free concrete floor slabs, with a depth of penetration of approx. ¾" (20 mm). Readings taken on concrete slabs through paint, coatings, adhesives or other materials on the surface should be regarded as qualitative or comparative and not quantitative.
- Non-destructive in operation with no need to probe, drill or mechanically damage the surface.
- Clear easy-to-read analog dial.
- Instant and precise readings to a depth of approximately 3⁄4" into the slab.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App for remote monitor and reporting.
- Hold function “freezes” meter reading when inspecting areas where the meter face is not visible, and for easy recording of data.
- Reproducible and reliable results.
- Spring-loaded contact pins compensate for uneven concrete and boost signal penetration.
- Rugged ergonomically designed enclosure.
- Size: 6.3" x 3.5" x 1.5" (160mm x 85mm x 38mm)
- Weight: 12.1oz (344g)
- Construction: ABS Body
- Power: 2 x AALR6 ALKALINE (included)
- Display: Analogue
- Depth of penetration: approx. ¾" (20 mm)
- Moisture Content for Concrete 0 to 6%
- Comparative for Gypsum floor screed 0 to 10
- Reference scale 0 to 100
No posts found