Tramex Moisture Encounter 5 With Bluetooth and Accompanying App. Dual-depth moisture meter for measuring moisture content in building materials.
The Tramex Moisture Encounter, ME5 is a dual-depth, non-destructive, instant moisture meter for measuring and evaluating moisture content wood, plaster, drywall, brick, roofing. The ME5 is accurate and precise, featuring deep-depth penetration up to 1¼" (30 mm) and shallow-depth penetration up to ⅜” (10 mm). The 5 Ranges of sensitivity: Wood & Timber / Shallow Depth / Drywall & Roofing / Plaster & Tile / Masonry, make the Moisture Encounter 5 ideal for testing in, through and behind a wide range of building materials. Bluetooth connectivity to the Tramex Meters App allows for visualization of readings and data reporting to mobile devices, to GeoTag test results, create, save and share photos, reports and charts.
The Moisture Encounter detects and evaluates moisture conditions within various building materials by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material under test. The Moisture Encounter determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value, displaying it on a large clear analog dial.
Used and trusted by generations of professionals worldwide for the purpose of locating moisture-related problems within and behind a variety of building materials in the building envelope. Mapping the extent of moisture damage caused to buildings. Monitoring progressive drying conditions in the drying process of building materials and surfaces. Dual-Depth penetration allows for comparative of surface and core moisture and elimination of substrate influence on the testing of coverings.
Moisture Encounter 5 is also sold as part of a Water Damage Restoration Teck Kit.
- 5 ranges of sensitivity.
- Dual-depth penetration for comparative of surface and core moisture and elimination of substrate influence on the testing of coverings.
- Deep signal penetration in wood and drywall.
- Shallow depth scale to have a field penetration of up to ⅜" (10mm).
- Wide range of readings from 5% to 30% on Wood Scale and 0 to 100 on comparative scale for all other materials.
- Detects moisture through paint, wallpaper, drywall, ceramic tiles, floor coverings, wood, ceiling tiles, roofing membranes, and asphalt composition shingles.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for continual development and integration of apps and reporting.
- Hold function which enables the user to “freeze” the reading, useful when taking readings where the meter face may not be visible.
- High moisture audio warning tone which can be enabled or disabled.
- Large clear easy to read analog display giving meaningful readings.
- Rugged ergonomically designed enclosure.
- Measuring range
- Wood Moisture Content: 5 to 30%
- Reference scale for building materials: 0 to 100
- Depth of penetration
- Shallow signal: Up to 0.40” (10 mm)
- Deep signal: Up to 1.25" (30 mm)
- Construction: ABS Body
- Power: 2 x AALR6 ALKALINE (included)
- Display: Analogue
- Size: 6.3 x 3.5 x 1.5" (160 x 85 x 38 mm)
- Weight: 9.5 oz (270 g)
- Product Number: ME5
- Tramex warrants that this instrument will be free from defects and faulty workmanship for a period of one year from date of first purchase.
No posts found