Unsmoke Un-Flame. Makes fabrics flameproof. Transparent, odorless and water-based flame retardant. When exposed to flame, treated fabrics produce a thin layer of char which stops flame spread and extinguishes the fire.
Un-Flame works by creating a thin layer of fire retardant compounds. These compounds resist oxidation. When material treated with Un-Flame is exposed to fire, the heat produces a thin layer of char. This stops flame spread and prevents further combustion. Eventually the char extinguishes the fire.
- The more thoroughly Un-Flame is applied, the greater the fire resistance.
- Flame resistance is established once the treated material is completely dry.
- Meets NFPA-701, Steiner A.S.T.M.-E84-80 Tunnel Test and the F.A.A. Horizontal and Vertical Test.
- Apply with a pressure sprayer, cold fogger or airless paint sprayer.
- Coverage: Controlled spray: slightly > 500 sq ft / gal for medium density material. Immersion: slightly < 500 sq ft / gal
- Form: Liquid
- Colour: Colourless
- Odour: Pleasant
- pH: 6.4
- Flash point: >200° F (93.3° C)
- Speficic gravity: 1.07
- Package size: 3.8 L Gallons, 4 gal/case
- Ready to use: Yes
- Dilution: RTU
- Product Number: 342502000 / 120040 / W.50250
Ready to use. Do not dilute.
Un-Flame must penetrate and saturate materials to be effective. The more thoroughly Un-Flame is applied the greater the fire resistance. Treated material becomes flame resistant when thoroughly dry after treatment.
Application Techniques: For best results apply either by controlled spray or by immersion.
1) Controlled spray: Thoroughly saturate materials. For medium density material: controlled spray at one gallon per 500 (4 L per 49 square meters) or more square feet.
2) Immersion: Submerge materials in the product, then drain thoroughly. Allow to drip dry or tumble dry at lowest setting. Treated materials may be ironed on low or synthetic setting.
Cleaning: Un-Flame protection is removed by wet or dry cleaning; therefore, reapplication of Un-Flame is required after cleaning to ensure continued flame resistance.
Special Treatment Precaution: Although Un-Flame is nontoxic, colorless and odorless, take care when applying. Horizontal surfaces in the treatment area should be protected from over-spray by plastic drop cloths. Target materials should be tested in inconspicuous areas for adverse effects. Overuse may result in visible white residue.
No posts found