Traffic Lane Cleaner (TLC) is a general purpose carpet traffic lane cleaner and is useful for cleaning moderately to heavily soiled carpeting. Traffic Lane Cleaner is compatible with portable or truck mount extraction systems. The product includes water conditioning agents, specialty surfactants, alkaline builders, water soluble solvents, and corrosion inhibitors.
Traffic Lane Cleaner is moderately alkaline so it attacks alkali-sensitive soils such as greases and oils. It also has a variety of solvents and this solvent blend attacks petroleum based soils.
- Dissolves even the heaviest oil and water-based soils
- Faster production, cleaner carpets, and less cost
- Not safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Coverage: RTU solution - 100 square feet per 0.5 gal (2 L per 10 sq m)
- Form: Liquid
- Colour: Straw to amber
- Odour: Citrus
- RTU pH: 11.4
- Package Size: 1 Gallon (3.8 L)
- Ready to Use: No
- Dilution: Inline dispenser - fill 5 quart container with concentrate. Pump-up pressure or electric sprayer - 12 oz concentrate and add water to make a gallon.
- Product Number: 113796 / W.20435
Preparation of ready to use (RTU) solution
- For use with high pressure, in-line dispensers: Fill the 5 quart container with concentrate.
- To dispense using pump-up pressure or electric sprayers: Add 12 ounces of concentrate with enough water to make one gallon of RTU solution (100 mL per L).
- Preinspect / prequalify / pretreat spots as needed. Be sure to check for the compatibility of the product with the carpet.
- Vacuum the carpet thoroughly. The vacuuming step is often overlooked because it is so labor intensive. Proper vacuuming, however, removes as much as 80% of dry, particulate soil. Vacuuming reduces the probability of wicking during the drying process.
- Apply ready to use solution at the rate of 0.5 gallons per 100 square feet of carpet. (2 L per 10 M2). Allow adequate dwell time but do not allow the solution to dry on the carpet. If the solution dries, extra time will be necessary to retreat the carpet to dissolve the detergent residues as well as the soil.
- For best results, use agitation to work the ready to use solution into the carpet fibers.
- Rinse extract.
- Acidic rinse agents such as Optimal Rinse are used either when soil loads are moderate or when the carpet is known to have alkaline residues that must be neutralized.
- Alkaline rinse agents are preferred when soil load is heavy. Formula 90 is a liquid product while Formula 90 Biosolv is granular. Both of these products have comparable performance. The choice of liquid or granular is a matter of convenience for the specific user. Follow label instructions for that rinse agent.
- Check the carpet pH after extraction to determine whether an acidic rinse is necessary. Although rinse agents are used at a very low dilution, they can leave residues. Alkaline residues leave the carpet feeling coarse and also contribute to resoiling.
- Groom the carpet to align fibers. This improves carpet appearance and reduces drying time.
- Use sufficient airflow to assure that the carpet will dry quickly. The AirPath airmover is recommended because of its 360-degree high-velocity airflow.
Spotting: Traffic Lane Cleaner can also be used as an all-purpose wet spotter. Mix 16 oz. (473 mL) with 32 oz. (1 L) of water and apply before brushing or blotting.
Note: Traffic Lane Cleaner is not intended for use on stain resist or wool carpeting
Cleanup: Be sure to check for any overspray. Remove these spills promptly. Dispose of waste water properly in accordance with local, state, and Federal regulations. Never dispose waste water into rivers, streams or lakes.Rinse equipment to remove product residues; these residues can interfere with valves or spray jets.
No posts found